Tariff and Reservation Terms & Conditions
For more information visit the Transport Canada Passenger Protect website.
All international passengers are required to present a current, valid passport.
All International flights are subject to Government Approval
- All fares displayed on the website are subject to change until purchase and approval of the reservation has been received and completed by Flair Air.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to review the itinerary upon receipt and must contact Flair within 24 hours of purchase with any questions or problems.
- Seats at lower fares are limited, and may not be available on all flights.
- Neither the Carrier nor the Re-Seller will overbook.
No credit or refunds will be given for no shows, cancellations made past cut-off times (see below), or for fare differences after a reservation has been made.
When a round trip reservation has been made you are a no show for the first segment, we will cancel the return portion or the continuing portion of your reservation without notification. All monies for the remaining segments are forfeited and no compensation shall be issued.
- Online changes to your trip dates, your baggage purchases and other extras can be made up until your online check-in.
- Online Check-in is available 24 hours before departure, and closes 90 minutes before departure.
- Any changes after online check-in must be made through our Call Centre at 204-285-0844 up until 1 hour before departure – (see Offline below).
- The Flair airport counter closes 60 minute before departure.
- There is no cancellation fee, as a customer can only change a flight, if you are going to change the date of your current booking, you will be subject to a $125 Change fee (unless you have already purchased TravelFLEX – see below). The new flight date must be within 90 days of the original booking flight date. All payments are non-refundable. If you cannot use the original flight within the following 90 days, the original payment will not be refunded or credited to future travel.
- You are also responsible for any fare price difference resulting from changing the original booking.
We at Flair recognize that, on occasion, you may have to change the details of your flight on short notice. This could involve a date adjustment or a change in travel destination, or the name for someone else traveling instead of you — and yes we do allow name changes. We give you the flexibility to change your reservation up until 1 hour before departure.
Because these changes have an administrative cost for us and require us to adjust our flight resources, we charge a fee of $125 for each separate time you make a change. You can change multiple items (e.g. name, destination, date) at the same time. You can make this change prior to one hour before flight departure.
To make a change, you can go online and the booking system will ask for your credit card to cover the cost of the change and any difference in fares, or additional products (e.g. a bag or a seat selection and the taxes). Once you have finished the transaction, a new reservation / itinerary will be emailed to you.
If you prefer to make your change over the phone, call our Customer Service line at 204-285-0844.
- Where a change completed more than 24 hours after the reservation was confirmed results in you paying a higher fare, then a $125 change fee will apply – plus the difference in fare.
- Without the purchase of TravelFLEX: A $125 fee (plus difference in fare, no refunds available) applies to changes made on our website to the travel date, travel destination, or the name of the passenger prior to three hours of the flight departure. A $175 fee (plus difference in fare, no refunds available) applies to any changes made at the Flair Air airport counter up until 60 minutes prior to flight departure.
Changes made online will require a credit card to cover the change fee, and any difference in fares, additional products (e.g a bag or a seat selection and the taxes). Once you have finished the transaction, a new reservation / itinerary will be emailed to you.
If you prefer to make your change over the phone, call our Customer Service line at 204-888-HELP.
Once again, no credit or refunds will be given for no shows, cancellations made past cut-off times or for fare differences after a reservation has been made.
Since you may not always know if your trip needs to be changed, we offer a service called TravelFLEX. For a fee of $25 (plus applicable GST/HST) per person per segment, paid at the time of your initial booking (website or call centre), you can avoid the change fee of $125 (online) or $175 (at the Airport check-in counter). Think of it as a small “peace of mind” fee to get flexibility.
- TravelFLEX can be purchased in our Add On Products section of the booking process and only at the time of the original booking, either online or via the Call Centre (a $15 fee for a Call Centre booking is automatically added. There is no additional charge beyond the Call Centre booking fee for purchasing TravelFLEX via the Call Centre while booking).
- TravelFLEX applies individually to each flight segment and for each passenger. For example, if you have 4 passengers on your booking, flying return from Hamilton to Winnipeg, you can purchase TravelFLEX for each passenger individually and for each segment individually (e.g. initial flight from Hamilton to Winnipeg, or the return flight from Winnipeg to Hamilton). TravelFLEX will apply to only those segments and passengers where it was purchased.
- Not all persons in a booking are required to purchase TravelFLEX, it can be purchased individually for each person.
- If you are going to change the date of your current booking, and have purchased TravelFLEX, the new flight date must be within 90 days of the original booking flight date. All payments are non-refundable. If you cannot use the original flight within the following 90 days, the original payment will not be refunded or credited to future travel.
- The one time TravelFLEX fee will allow you to change flight date, destination and name at the same time, without the $125 Change fee. If these items are changed at separate times, then TravelFLEX will apply to the first change and an individual $125 fee will apply to each subsequent change.
- If you wish to add a bag or a seat selection or other Add On product, you can do so prior to check-in without an additional change fee, since you are purchasing additional products from Flair Air. TravelFLEX can only be purchased at the time of the original booking.
- You can purchase TravelFLEX as part of a booking and do not need to have a completed profile, as we are not banking credits, just changing reservation bookings. Creating a profile provides customers with the ability to look at their history and pre-fill information when doing new bookings. The profiles will also be used for future membership services.
- Use TravelFLEX to keep you options open.
- AIF – Airport Improvement Fee – will be charged for all passengers for all applicable airports
- HST/GST – This tax will be applied and collected on all fares, charges, fees and surcharges. GST/HST Registration 80249 6190 RT0001
- A Nav Canada and an Insurance surcharge will be collected on all flights.
- A Security Fee will be charged for all passengers for all applicable airports .
- The above fees/taxes will be collected at time of booking.
- You are recommended to obtain your boarding pass & check in any baggage at least:
- 90 minutes before your flight for travel within Canada
- Check-in will close:
- 60 minutes before flights within Canada
- NOTE: Only one boarding pass per mobile device will be accepted.
You must be available for boarding at the appropriate boarding gate at least 30 minutes before each flight.
Failure to respect Check-in and Boarding Gate Deadlines may result in the reassignment of any pre-reserved seats, the cancellation of bookings, and/or disqualification for denied-boarding compensation.
Although not required, we recommend you check your flight status online at www.flairair.ca or by calling our Customer Assistance Centre at (204) 888-HELP prior to your departure.
Seats may be assigned when booking on www.flairair.ca or by visiting the My Trips section on the home page for tickets already purchased. Access to advance seat assignments varies depending upon the fare option purchased:
Over and above your base fare, you may – for a fee – select your own seat assignment at the time of ticket purchase or check-in for. If you’ve already purchased your ticket, you may choose your seat assignment in either the My Trips section on www.flairair.ca or when you check in online within 24 hours of departure.
If you do not purchase a seat assignment, one will be randomly assigned free of charge during check-in. However, your party may end up separated (or, possibly close together).
In the event of a flight cancellation due to a circumstance beyond the control of Flair Air, Flair does not have a liability to a passenger; provided that, in such case, the Carrier may, in its sole discretion, and without any obligation on its part, offer such affected passenger either:
- A credit, valid for one year from the cancellation date, towards the provision of a fare relating to a future flight, which credit shall be equal to the original fare which was canceled (including previously purchased ancillaries); or
- To otherwise refund to such passenger, an amount which shall not be greater than the fare (including previously purchased ancillaries) paid by that passenger in respect of that flight.
All overweight and oversized bags must be checked.
Ensure your checked bags are properly identified including your name, permanent address and all relevant ways that you can be contacted.
External baggage tags can sometimes be damaged or detached which is why we encourage passengers to also place a tag with similar information inside your bag to facilitate identification.
Please do not pack valuables in your checked baggage. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles.
While Flair Air endeavours to handle baggage with care, you are encouraged to seek appropriate insurance on baggage and articles of exceptional value.
Special rules apply to fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Click here for more information.
Bags exceeding 45 kg (100 lb) in weight, 292 cm (115 in) in linear dimensions (length + width + height, wheels & handles included) or 203 cm (80 in) in length will not be accepted as checked baggage. Please contact a courier company for handling options.
If more than one air-travel carrier is providing the transportation for your journey, each carrier may apply different rules on baggage (both checked and carry-on baggage).
There are limitations to lithium metal or lithium ion batteries with a watt hour rating exceeding 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh for consumer electronics. Maximum of 2 spare batteries may be carried in carry-on baggage only. These batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuits.
All baggage Purchases are non-refundable.
FREE – Personal bag: (e.g., small backpack, diaper bag, duffle bag or similar item etc.): Dimensions must not exceed 16 x 33 x 43 cm (6 x 13 x 17 inches) including handles and wheels. Must fit in the available underseat storage.
FREE – Items:
- Baby/infant accessories – a diaper bag is considered a complimentary carry-on provided you’re travelling with an infant under 2 years; the size and dimensions of the bag fall within Flair restrictions; and the bag contains supplies for the care of that infant.
- Two complimentary items such as a stroller, child restraint device and/or playpen in addition to a diaper carry-on bag is included when traveling with a child under 2 years with a paid seat.
- Two complimentary items such as a stroller, child restraint device and/or playpen in addition to a diaper carry-on bag is included when traveling with a child under 2 years without a paid seat.
Flair is bound by Transport Canada’s regulations with regards to acceptable child restraint devices (with the exception of the CARES(tm) child restraint device).
N.B. For all of the above, proof of age such as a passport or birth certificate are required.
N.B. Strollers collapsed diameter is not to exceed 25.5 cm (10 in) and length not to exceed 92 cm (36 in).
- Snacks or food to eat on board
- All food must be wrapped or in a container further stored inside a plastic bag
- Only purchase liquids after you’ve passed the security checkpoint
- Special needs items (see Special Services)
|Maximum Size||Maximum Weight|
|1 personal bag||16 x 33 x 43 cm
(6 x 13 x 17 inches)
Standard carry-on bag: Baggage that exceeds the size of a personal bag (as indicated above) is considered a standard carry-on bag. For fees for standard carry-on bag please see our baggage section of the website
The maximum allowable size of a carry-on bag is 23 x 40 x 55 cm (9 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches) including handles and wheels. If the bag exceeds these dimensions or cannot be safely stowed on a particular flight, it will be checked for a $80 fee.
Please ensure your baggage fits in the dimension verification device at check-in or boarding time. Carry-on bags that exceed Flair size limits may cause flight delays for all passengers.
Flair recommends that important documents and medication be packed in baggage or articles that travel with you. All prescription medications must be properly labelled with the names of the patient, the medication, and the issuing medical office or pharmacy.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your insurance company representative.
Dangerous goods include, but are not limited to: compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids and solids, radioactive materials, oxidizing materials, poisons, infectious substances, and briefcases with installed alarm devices. For security reasons, other restrictions may apply. Please refer to Baggage Services for more information.
Subject to the provisions of the applicable tariffs, Flair service provider carrier may refuse carriage of property in checked luggage that is not suitable for transportation, such as perishable or fragile items and may refuse to carry valuable items.
Flair Air or its service provider carrier may refuse claims based on the inherent nature of an item (e.g. its perishable nature), or for loss or delay of unsuitably or inadequately packed items, to the extent that the destruction, loss or damages resulted from the inherent defect, quality or defect of the baggage, or, in the case of delay, that the carrier, its agents, and servants took all measures that could reasonably be required to avoid the damage, or that it was impossible to take such measures.
Persons entrusted with the care of infants and children must be capable of discharging this duty. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a guardian 18 years of age or older. Please note Flair nor our carrier provide an unaccompanied minor service.
- Infants under two (2) years of age on the date of travel do not require a seat.
- Infants under two (2) years of age do not require that a seat be purchased if they are sitting on an accompanying passenger’s lap.
- Only one infant under the age of two (2) years may be held in the lap of an accompanying passenger eighteen (18) years or older.
No single passenger shall be responsible for more than one infant whether the infant is held on the lap of an accompanying passenger or where a seat has been purchased for the infant and the infant is secured in an approved child restraint system (car seat).
An infant under two years (2) of age at the time of departure but reaching their second (2nd) birthday during the continuing/return flight(s) will require a seat to be purchased for the continuing/return flight(s). The seat must be purchased through the Reseller.
Infants less than two (2) years of age occupying a seat must be properly secured in a Transport Canada approved child restraint device and a seat must have been purchased to accommodate the child restraint device.
- All children, two years (2) of age or older, must have purchased and been assigned a seat.
- All children, eighteen (18) years of age or older, may accompany other infants and children under five (5) years old.
All children over five (5) but under twelve (12) years of age are accepted for transportation without restriction when accompanied by a passenger at least eighteen (18) years of age. When accompanied by a passenger at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, they will be considered as a child for the purposes of travel.
*To view Transport Canada’s Advisory Circular on Child Restraint Systems, please see: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/managementservices-referencecentre-acs-600-605-003-493.htm
In addition to the above, the Carrier may require presentation of the following documents when children are accompanied by an adult and;
Documents establishing legal custody;
Parental consent letter authorizing travel;
Death certificate if one parent is deceased;
Flair and our air service provider reserve the right the change times, routings or cancel flights as needed. Flair and it’s air service provide assume no responsibility for any additional costs including but not limited to hotels, flights, car rentals or events.
NOTICE – SOLD SUBJECT TO TARIFF REGULATIONS
Further information may be obtained from Flair as to the limits applicable to your journey. If your journey involves carriage by different carriers, you should contact each carrier for information on the applicable limits of liability.
Regardless of which Convention applies to your journey, you may benefit from a higher limit of liability for loss of, damage or delay to baggage by making at check-in a special declaration of the value of your baggage and paying any supplementary fee that may apply. Alternatively, if the value of your baggage exceeds the applicable limit of liability, you should fully insure it before you travel.
Time limit for action: Any action in court to claim damages must be brought within two years from the date of arrival of the aircraft, or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived. Baggage claims: Written notice to the carrier must be made within 7 days of the receipt of checked baggage in the case of damage, and, in the case of delay, within 21 days from the date on which it was placed at the disposal of the passenger.
Schedules and timetables
Time and aircraft type shown in timetables or elsewhere are approximate and not guaranteed, and form no part of a contract. Schedules are subject to change without notice and carrier assumes no responsibility for passenger making connections not included as part of the itinerary set out in the ticket. Flair is not responsible for changes, errors or omissions either in timetables or other representations of schedules.
- Flair and the carrier will make all reasonable efforts to transport the passenger and his/her baggage at the times indicated in timetables.
- Flair will not guarantee and will not be held liable for cancellations or changes to flight times that appear on passengers’ tickets due to force majeure.
- The Carrier will make all reasonable efforts to inform passengers of delays and schedule changes and, to the extent possible, the reason for the delay or change.
- It is always recommended that the passenger verify flight status and departure times with the at www.flairair.ca or to refer to airport terminal displays/website.
In the event of a schedule irregularity, within the Carrier’s control, the Flair will present the passenger with the following options:
- Carry the passenger to the destination named on the ticket, or applicable portion thereof, within a reasonable amount of time, on another of its passenger aircraft, without additional charge, regardless of the class of service in which the passenger was booked; or,
- Reroute the passenger to the destination named on the ticket, or applicable portion thereof, on its own transportation services within a reasonable amount of time; or,
- Otherwise, should the alternate transportation proposed by The Carrier or Flair not meet the passenger’s satisfaction, the unused portion of the passenger’s ticket(s) will be refunded. The refund will be made to the purchaser of the ticket(s). The form of refund will be the same form used as payment of the ticket(s). The refund will be based on the total value of the ticket(s).
NOTE: In addition to the above, the carrier will always consider the needs of the passenger on a case by case basis and take into account all known circumstances to avoid or mitigate the damages caused by the schedule irregularity within the carrier’s control.
In the event of a schedule irregularity, not within the Carrier’s control (e.g. Force Majeure), the carrier will provide the following:
- The Carrier or their agent will offer the passenger the choice to travel on another of its flights on the same route as the passenger was originally ticketed or to travel on a different routing operated by the carrier to the same ticketed destination.
In addition to the provisions of this rule, in case of a scheduled irregularity within the carrier’s control a passenger will be offered the following:
- For a schedule irregularity lasting longer than 4 hours, Flair will provide the passenger with a meal voucher.
- For a schedule irregularity lasting more than 8 hours or overnight, Flair will provide overnight hotel accommodation and airport transfers for the passenger. Flair is not obligated to provide overnight accommodation for passengers at the first airport of departure appearing on the ticket.
- If passengers are already on the aircraft when a delay occurs, the carrier will offer non-alcoholic beverages and snacks if it is safe, practical and timely to do so. If the delay exceeds ninety (90) minutes and circumstances permit, the carrier will offer the passenger the option of disembarking from the aircraft until it is time to depart.
NOTICE – SOLD SUBJECT TO TARIFF REGULATIONS
Notice of Contract Terms Incorporated by Reference
- Your contract of carriage with the carrier that provides you with carriage by air, whether international, domestic or a domestic portion of an international journey is subject to this notice; to any notice or receipt of the carrier; and to the carrier’s individual terms and conditions (Conditions), related rules, regulations and policies (Regulations) and any applicable tariffs.
- If your carriage is by more than one carrier, different Conditions, Regulations and any applicable tariffs may apply for each carrier.
- The Conditions, Regulations and any applicable tariffs of each carrier are, by this notice, incorporated by reference into and made part of your contract of carriage.
- The Conditions may include, but are not restricted to:
- Conditions and limits on the carrier’s liability for the bodily injury or death of passengers.
- Conditions and limits on the carrier’s liability for the loss of, damage to or delay of goods and baggage, including fragile or perishable goods.
- Rules for declaring a higher value for baggage and for paying any supplementary fee that may apply.
- Application of the carrier’s Conditions and limits of liability to the acts of the carrier’s agents, servants and representatives, including any person providing either equipment or services to the carrier.
- Claims restrictions, including time limits by which passengers must file claims or bring actions against the carrier.
- Rules about reconfirmations or reservations; check in times; the use, duration and validity of air transportation services; and the carrier’s right to refuse carriage.
- Rights of the carrier and limits on the carrier’s liability for delay or failure to perform a service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternative carriers or aircraft and re-routing, and, when required by applicable law, the obligation of the carrier to notify passengers of the identity of the operating carrier or substituted aircraft.
- Rights of the carrier to refuse carriage to passengers who fail to comply with applicable laws or who fail to present all necessary travel documents.
- You can obtain more information about your contract of carriage, and find out how to request a copy, at places where transportation on the carrier is sold. Many carriers also have this information on their websites. When required by applicable law, you have the right to inspect the full text of your contract of carriage at the carrier’s airport and sales offices, and upon request, to receive a copy by mail or other delivery service from each carrier free of charge.
- If a carrier sells air transportation services or checks baggage specifying carriage on another carrier, it does so only as agent for the other carrier.